VISISIONSHARE (blog header)_edited

Monday, April 07, 2008

Leaving Vila Fortaleza:
The Beauty and the Challenge

IMG_1814a

Final days were for myself full of nostalgia or longing. Actually, it's more than that -- closer to something Brazilians call saudade, a word so unique that there is a full wikipedia page and lots of discussion devoted to it.

I carried my camera and shot almost randomly, just capturing some of the beauties of people and place. Looking back now, I selected a few from the last week at Vila Fortaleza.

IMG_1816

IMG_2375

IMG_1875

IMG_2468

IMG_2269

IMG_2347

IMG_2539

IMG_2560

And then came the challenges of leaving. Getting people and stuff into Saturnino's little pick-up was the fun part.

IMG_2426_edited

Heading down the road was more difficult.

I'm going to let the photos speak for themselves.

IMG_2572

IMG_2201

IMG_2596

IMG_2193

In coming posts, I'll share some news about how people are trying to deal with the opportunities and intrusions of this modern fuel-hungry world.

There are some more photos here.


No comments: